Friday, April 23, 2010

Arty a L.A. Mode's Inbox

What Not To Miss This Weekend!!!

all taken from my inbox:

From Inbox
[taken from Inbox, not my own picture.]


Kathryn Brennan Gallery @ Cottage Home Presents:
The LAst Show
April 24 - May 22, 2010

Opening Reception Saturday April 24, 6 to 9 PM


Kathryn Brennan Gallery is pleased to present our final exhibition in Los Angeles, a group show of gallery artists at Cottage Home. Since opening in Chinatown in January 2004, the Gallery has had the opportunity to stage dozens of exhibitions and work with an amazing collection of artists. For our final exhibition in Los Angeles, the Gallery will be presenting a selection of works by each of our represented artists. Kathryn Brennan and Gallery Director James Griffin will be partnering and relocating to New York City, re-opening on the Lower East Side in September.

Thanks to everyone for their continued support of the Gallery and to all of the artists that we have had and will continue to have the great pleasure of working with.

Please check the website for a series of video screenings and performances that will take place during the course of the exhibition.



KATHRYN BRENNAN GALLERY
955 Chung King Road
Los Angeles, CA 90012
213.628.7000
info@kathrynbrennan.com
www.kathrynbrennan.com


COTTAGE HOME
410 Cottage Home Road
Los Angeles, CA 90012
www.cottagehomela.com




Don't miss this, and please, mark my words!

Mixed feelings arouse when earlier this month I found out that Kathryn Brennan (SISTER) Gallery was closing it's doors, and beginning a new chapter in New York City. Just another reason for New York City to tease me. I used to intern at this gallery, and Kathryn along with James were always the kindest folk. Very cool people as well!!

I'm not sure on why they're moving nor will i voice my opinion. Solely, because when certain situations alike this pop out, I have promised to stop making assumptions. However, I hope the best for Kathryn, James, and it's artists. Including my favorites who I will miss seeing works around town: Jeni Spota, and Michelle O' Marah!

May their New York chapter bring them peace, and all types of abundance.

Kathryn Brennan Gallery will sure be missed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment